Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Best Trip Ever

One thing that I’ve missed out on a lot since I have fibromyalgia is travel. It easily makes me sicker than anything else. I recently went on a road trip for a week and it was more successful than any trip I’ve ever been on. Here is a list of what I did.
It was such a big deal to me that I wanted a plaque or to go to coinsforanything.com for challenge coins to have a memento that said “I did it!”

1. I usually take a memory foam pad whenever I travel. This time I took that and a feather bed and an extra mattress pad. I could basically build a bed on top of any bed I had to sleep on. It wasn’t as comfortable as my bed at home but it prevented a lot of pain in the morning.

2. I stuck to my usual diet of lots of fruits and vegetables. I had these for snacks in the car but I also had green smoothies already made up that I could just unfreeze and stir.

3. I didn’t push myself that hard. Traveling in the car is something that causes me a lot of pain so instead of trying to do all of the driving in one or two days there was a nice leisurely pace of just a few hours of driving a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment